Some information about my journeys with a kind, loving God:
In January 1988, Iann Schonken came to the United States from his country of birth, South Africa, to complete his college education in California. During this time of preparation, he served as an associate pastor in Ridgecrest, CA. After receiving his Master's degree in Religion (Church Leadership), he went on to assist various evangelistic ministries in over a decade of ministry, administration, traveling, and speaking. In 1996, he went full-time on the road as a traveling and crusade evangelist.
From 2002-2006, he assisted Pastor Benny Perez in launching a church plant in Las Vegas, NV. Iann Schonken has over thirty-five years of ministry experience and teaches the Word with great compassion for his audience. He always expects God to do signs and wonders in the lives of people.
He became Lead Pastor at Family Fellowship Church in Oceanside, CA in 2006 and served in that capacity for about 10 years.
In 2016, he joined the executive pastoral leadership team at Visalia First in Visalia, CA. Iann has authored several books over the last 15 years, including:
- MyPrayerpartner: A Systematic Approach to Prayer (co-authored with his brother, Dr. Johann Schonken).
- Simply Supernatural: Believing God For The Impossible Again.
- A Person Of His Presence: Welcome God Into Your Busy Life .
- Stop Look Listen (To Your Heart).
- Remarkable: Extraordinary Life Lessons From The Gospel of Mark.
- The Daily Christian: Prayer.
- The Daily Christian: Peace.
- The Daily Christian: Wisdom (published July 2022).
- The Daily Christian: Patience (published September 2022).
- The Daily Christian: Courage (published November 2022).
Iann has been married for over thirty years to his wife Melodi, and is the proud father of three children.
WORK: Evangelist, author, and traveling speaker at Visalia First in Visalia, CA.
EDUCATION: Master's Degree in Church Leadership from Vanguard University of Southern California.