Iann Schonken: Profile
When you need to know all about my ministerial history:
Married since 1990 to my college sweetheart, Melodi.
Alexander (1997): Currently working as Computer Science Engineer at Amazon AWS Cloud Services in Seattle, WA.
Christopher (2001): Currently enrolled in college to become a registered nurse.
Nicholas (2005): Currently a senior in High School.
Ministerial Experience Overview:
- 38 years of total ministerial experience (I have been in some form of ministerial role since 19 years of age).
- About 10 years of Lead Pastor experience.
- 6 years of executive pastor experience at a mega-church (3,500 + attenders on a typical weekend).
- 8 years of traveling ministry as crusade evangelist and Bible teacher.
- 6 years of consulting experience in religious non-profit organizations.
- 12 years research and development experience for religious non-profit organizations. This includes creating curricula for 3 Bible training institutes, numerous student workbooks, and several audio and video training series.
- 2 years experience of ministering in a traveling Gospel band on behalf of the South African Defence Force Chaplaincy Service while completing my military service as a South African citizen. (Became U.S. citizen in 2001.)
- Experience in organizing and presenting leadership training seminars cross-culturally in third world countries and the United States.
- Experience in mass crusade evangelism with thousands in attendance.
- Experience in church board governance and church conflict resolutions.
- Experience in ministry in cross-cultural contexts. Countries ministered in include Mozambique, Madagascar, South Africa, the Philippines, Australia, New Zealand, India, Brazil, Swaziland, Tanzania, Canada, and the United States.
- 8 years of experience in founding and managing my own non-profit religious organization.
- 12 years experience in setting up websites and social media to further the preaching of the Gospel through the written word and media.
- Experience in authoring and marketing 10 Christian books, while assisting numerous other ministers in developing and writing their own books and training materials.
Expanded Resume (2006 and earlier ministry):
Associate Pastor of Leadership at The Church Las Vegas
(Part-time position at this church plant which is now a mega-church in Henderson, NV.)
Became a citizen of the United States of America.
C.E.O. and President of Schonken Evangelistic Association, Oceanside, CA.
Since its inception, Schonken Evangelistic Association saw salvations on four continents in meetings as small as five church leaders to crusades of multiple thousands. It also partnered with church planting efforts in 2001 in Temecula and Carlsbad, CA. with Kingdom-building results.
Administrator at Tim Storey Ministries, La Habra, CA.
Small Groups Ministries Pastor at Calvary Assembly of God, Ridgecrest, CA. during student years.
Lead vocalist and speaker in a Gospel band which represented the South African Defence Force Chaplaincy Service (as part of two years service in the South African Army).
Ordained with the Assemblies of God since 2007. Served on the Ministerial Credentialing Committee for North San Diego section of the So. Cal. Network of the Assemblies of God for two years.
Additional references available upon request.